[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: PASOE Docker Image with hotfix 11.7.5.011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris_riddell

Hi all, I've just started to work on creating Docker images of our PASOE based, web applications. I actually was able to get the applications working, using the 11.7.5 base, PASOE image provided by Progress. However, once the application was up and running I started to hit problems with a bug we were aware of, and which Progress fixed in the 11.7.5.011 hotfix. I opened a tech support case to request an official image that includes the hotfix, and find out what the support policy is, and was basically told that the official policy is I should do it myself ( Progress KB - Docker images do not include hotfixes. ). The only instructions available for applying hotfixes aren't exactly related to the base image's DLC, as many files that are not required by PASOE have been removed. In order to get a version working, I just untar the entire hotfix over the DLC in the image, chown everything to pscadmin:pscadmin and move on. While this is working, it results in a 4GB image (compared to the base image which is less than 1GB) and causes a few minor issues that I've had to work around. Does anyone have any actual advice on how I can scale down my 11.7.5.011 image? I made a few other attempts that resulted in broken Docker builds, or broken applications, so have given up for now so I can move on with testing our applications. I've attached the Dockerfile I'm using to apply the hotfix now, and am willing to share whatever improvements I end up with; if Progress isn't interested in doing that, then hopefully we can help each other! Thanks.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back