[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: OE as a payment processor

• Thread starter scott.harvest.acct@gmail.com
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scott.harvest.acct@gmail.com

I am newbie and just looking for information as basically end user, as doing business accounting for client who's Point of Sale (POS) uses OE as a payment processor. There was a customer who was charged twice according to her, but our POS records showed only one transaction. The POS people blamed OpenEdge, but when pressed for a copy of file that was sent to OE for processing so I could look for the order number to check for duplicates, they claimed the POS system didn't retain such data and it could not be checked. This put me in a bit of a bind with the customer as I had little way to confirm the double charge accusation at that time. Question - Is there a way to access the OE data and examine what the POS sent to OE for processing so I could have figured this out? Eventually we were told by POS company there was a glitch and we should try their new beta (!) to avoid this issue - but this took a long time and the customer was not thrilled by the response time involved to resolve the issue. I would like to get a way to examine the file sent to Open Edge (Global Payments) so I could nail down what the issues are in the future. I realize it looks like many folks here are some sort of software developers but hopefully this is not too far from the correct forum. TIA Scott

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.