[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Error Trying To Load Data Into...

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nix1016

I'm upgrading from Openedge 10 to 11 and doing a dump and load to a new version 11 db as I need to convert to Type II storage area and add additional tables/fields/indexes in the process. I also need to convert the DB from iso8859 to utf-8 so I assume that I can't do a binary dump? I started doing the dump in data administration with code map to UTF-8 and then loading it straight into the empty UTF-8 db with the new data structures, it is very slow which is expected (the database is about 8GB) but I'm also getting the error SYSTEM ERROR: Input data too large, try to increase -s and/or -stsh. (63). I tried increasing -s to 32000 (from 800) and -stsh to 31 and I'm still getting that error. Is there anything else that I'm missing? Would I be better off just doing a binary dump/load and converting to UTF-8 afterwards? There will be over 100 database of varying sizes from 1GB to 30GB to upgrade using the same process so this will need to be scripted eventually which I don't think can be done for code mapping dump via data administration? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.