[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Error 12112 On Iso8859-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cverbiest

After an upgrade we are experiencing error 12112 on one of the databases "Unable to delete old values for the index of a word-indexed field (index TOYART9 of table LB-TOYART). The index may be damaged. (12112)" Our cpinternal was changed to utf-8, our main database is utf-8, the error is on a db that wasn't converted. proutil idxfix (option 3 with fix) and proutil idxcheck report no errors I found several PKB entries describing similar issues when cpinternal isn't capable of dealing with the database characters. But here I'm confronted with the reverse, utf-8 can deal with all characters in iso8859-1. I know this will be gone if we convert the db to utf-8 but I'm looking for alternatives. The proutil convchar conversion takes too long : 12 hours on a slightly less powerful test server, this is without the required(?) index rebuild. Thanks for all advice upfront. PS: I created a Tech support case for this issue as well

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.