[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Dump, Load and Index Rebuild on Type II Database. - Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmed_seedat

Hi I have a 750 Gig database that I have dumped and loaded. I need to change the storage areas on the DB and merge 3 DB’s into one. I did the following: Dumped DB using dictionary with multiple dumps at the same time with the -RO option - 4 Hours 25 minutes Create new structure of DB. 30 minutes. Bulk loaded Data. - – 6 Hours 54 Minutes. Command used “proutil dbanme -C bulkload dbname.fd” – Are there options that could speed up this process. Index re-build - 9 Hours 28 Minutes. – command used “proutil dbname -C idxbuild all -TB 31 -TM 32 -l 2000 “ I checked the knowledge base and then I ran the following command to see if we could do the index rebuild in a shorter time. After 9 hours the index-rebuild was only at 50%. Please can I have advise on speeding up the index rebuild. The client has requested if we could speed up the entire process to minimize downtime. I then tested the following command : “proutil DBNAME -C idxbuild all -TB 64 -TM 32 -l 2000 -B 1000 -SG 64 -TF 80 -thread 1 -threadnum 8 -mergethreads 8 -datascanthreads 8 -pfactor 90 -rusage” Configuration of Server: VMWare 8 vCPU’s 32 Gigs Memory SAN Disks. Progress 11.7.2 - 64 Bit Operating System - Redhat 7.4

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.