[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Cannot Make Jms Connection Via...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhilF

I am having trouble connecting to ActiveMQ queues from ABL. I have been running through the examples and docs, and I have tried a variety of combinations; I am running out of monkeys to throw at my keyboard. In case this is a FAQ I missed, I'll summarize first: I run "beginSession" and Progress complains ""getConnectionMetaData" was not found. (293)"ails Details: OE 11.6, Linux, PAS (not classic App Server). In AdminServerPlugins.propertiesAdminServerPlugins.properties , I changed [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ] pluginclasspath= /las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/sonic/MQ8.5/lib/sonic_Client.jar,/las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/sonic/MQ8.5/lib/mgmt_client.jar,/las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/java/progress.jar classpath= /las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/sonic/MQ8.5/lib/sonic_Client.jar,/las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/java/progress.jar to the following: [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ] pluginclasspath= /las/prod/src/resource/activemq-all-5.14.3.jar,/las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/java/progress.jar classpath= /las/prod/src/resource/activemq-all-5.14.3.jar,/las/progress/versions/11.6/dlc/java/progress.jar jvmargs= -DsonicMQExtensions=false -DjmsProvider=ActiveMQ Currently, start of the code looks like this: pasConnectStr = "-sessionModel Session-free -URL localhost:8945/.../apsv". mqUrl = "tcp://somehost:777". run jms/ptpsession.p persistent set ptpsession (pasConnectStr). IF NOT VALID-HNDLE(ptpsession) THEN RUN errExit ("PTP failed to start."). setConnectionURLs in ptpsession (mqUrl). run beginSession in ptpsession. At which point Progress complains: ** "getConnectionMetaData" was not found. (293) I'm guessing this has something to do with my PAS connection string, but I'm not sure what. Most of the examples I can find either connect to SonicMQ or use AppServer Classic. I do have code that runs a test program directly on PAS using these parameters. That is, the following simple program works: pasConnectStr = "-sessionModel Session-free -URL localhost:8945/.../apsv". CREATE SERVER AppHandle. retVal = AppHandle:CONNECT(pasConnectStr). IF NOT retVal THEN RUN errExit ("PAS connect failed."). RUN testprog.p ON AppHandle(OUTPUT msg). -- Ultimately the goal will be to listen for messages on a particular queue, to use a header to determine the nature of the message, and then to respond on a second queue. I have at least some of this -- but I won't know how close I am till I can begin the conversation.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.