Progress 12.2 Databases in Explorer

LBaliao

Hi there.

Back again with another PROGRESS 12 question. I would appreciate any tip or solution for me to consider. My databases are NOT showing up in Explorer Resource list automatically. They are in conmgr.properties file. Progress OE AdminServer and Management Service are both running in services. Databases have .lk files in their folders. The "AdminServer" in the Explorer Resource list is offline though.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Liza

Stefan

I would first look at getting your AdminServer online. OpenEdge Explorer often thinks my AdminServer is offline due to a "bad" shutdown. To fix:
  1. click on configure remote AdminServers,
  2. select the row with your AdminServer by clicking somewhere in the row but not on a hyperlink
  3. click on Edit button, this will bring up the AdminServer properties
  4. click on Save button (without changing anything or providing any password)
The AdminServer should be online again.

LBaliao

Hi Stefan. Thank you for your response. I followed the steps but it's still offline. It prompts an error message: "Unable to connect to remote AdminServer. Configuration not saved." Question for you. The "OpenEdge Version" and "OS" columns are blank. Is it because it's offline? Is it automatically populated if the AdminServer is online? What else can I check to bring it online?

*** Update ***
The Windows version I have in the machine is not supported by PROGRESS 12 and it's likely the reason why the AdminServer is staying offline.

Last edited:

mnebrat

Hi Stefan. Thank you for your response. I followed the steps but it's still offline. It prompts an error message: "Unable to connect to remote AdminServer. Configuration not saved." Question for you. The "OpenEdge Version" and "OS" columns are blank. Is it because it's offline? Is it automatically populated if the AdminServer is online? What else can I check to bring it online?

*** Update ***
The Windows version I have in the machine is not supported by PROGRESS 12 and it's likely the reason why the AdminServer is staying offline.
Hi, may I ask you where did you find information about Progress 12 supported Windows version ?

LBaliao

You can also look at Progress Knowledgebase.

What 32-bit Progress/OpenEdge Versions are supported on Windows​

Article Number