Problems with Progress 9.1b ODBC

mmobley

I'm trying to connect a workstation running win2k with Progress 9.1b to a 9.1b DB running on AIX using the 3.60 SQL-92 connector that comes with Progress 9. There are a couple issues that I'm running into, however. First of all, it won't let me do a test connect to the database without entering a username (even though one is not required). The 'invalid user name' message comes up pretty quick, and it's fairly easy to tell that there's no network activity. If I try placing a username in the username field and do a test connect, the ODBC administrator just hangs and the process needs to be killed. I have verified that I'm connecting to the proper broker, and that the broker is successfully running, and is on the right port. The configuration for this connector is considerably slimmed down in comparison to previous versions, so there wasn't much to look at in terms of troubleshooting. Any advice that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Marshall Mobley
IT Project Manager - The Nailco Group

jjj

You should study the PRogress SQL92 security.
It's not like SQL89. You will have always to use a user ID.
Look kb 20143 at progress web site!.
You will have to use (Progress) SQL Explorer to create SQL-92 users and grant permissions...