OpenLink ODBC driver with MS Access 97

satessier

Hi All:

We are evaluating the Openlink ODBC driver for Progress version 8.2C. I have run into some issues when trying to access data through table links in MS Access 97. Hopefully somebody here knows the answer.

First, our environment:

Server
1. Windows NT 4.0
2. Progress 8.2C Workgroup

Workstation
1. Windows 95
2. Openlink 32-bit Large client ODBC
3. Cognos Impromptu v5.0
4. Microsoft Access 97

Second, our problem:

I have been successful in retrieving the data and producing reports from Cognos Impromptu. After running the setup.p to create the tableview, I was even able to view and report on Array columns.

The problem is when I attempt to do the same in MS Access 97. I can establish a connection through File|get external data|link tables and actually create the table link. When I try to view the data (open table) I get an ODBC -- call failed message and all the data is returned as #Name?. I thought this may be related to the Array columns but they are detected and displayed in the Design view as colname@array_element (colname@1). If I try a passthrough query, I can query the same table without any issues.

This is more of an annoyance since the passthrough query provides a partial work around. If anybody has encountered this and found a fix, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Stéphane Tessier