Resolved Openedge explorer

gasomma

Hello to all,

OE version 10.2b using in windows 2003 R2 server.
Running openedge explorer (fathom) system shows:
The page cannot be displayed

Anyone can help me?

Thx in advance.

RealHeavyDude

I am not familiar with Fathom and OpenEdge Dismanagement anymore - haven't done anything with in for ages ...

But, from my experience such an error comes from the WebServer responding to the browser's request but not sending any HTML code back in time.

The web server embedded should have a log file which should reveal more details on the problem. Only trouble is to find out where it is located.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

cj_brandt

Has OEM ever worked or is this a first attempt ?
Is the admin server still running ?
Need to look in your logs - admserv.log is a good place to start.
Do you see the following line in your admserv.log
[4/2/13 11:23:25 AM] [3] [Fathom] Listening for HTTP connections on port 9090

gasomma

Hello,

below the lines in admserv.log:

4/5/13 4:56:22 PM] [0] [AdminServer] * License check status: Plugin not licensed. (ADMMsg037) (7438)
[4/5/13 4:56:22 PM] [0] [AdminServer] * Fathom not installed: Plugin not licensed. (ADMMsg037) (7439)
[4/5/13 4:56:22 PM] [0] [AdminServer] * Failed to install plugin Fathom. (7433)

How I can do?

Thx.

cj_brandt

OE Explorer comes free with 10.2B, as long as your license for 10.2B isn't expired, you should still be able to run OE Explorer. The Fathom product now called OEM requires a license.

Have you gone through the steps to setup OE Explorer ?
Is the admin server running ?
The default port is 9090 - make sure it is avaiable or change the configuration to pick a different port.

gasomma

Hello,

9090 is available.
admin server running
also running admin server for progress 9.1d, maybe this is the problem?

Thx

Stefan

The easiest way to check that two versions are playing nicely is to disable the services from auto starting. If you can confirm that either one by itself works fine you can start shifting conflicting ports out of the way (for example 20931 for AdminServer, 7840 for database admin and 5162 for NameServer).

If your other installation is 9.1D you also need to be aware of nutty environment variables which may be set. You normally do not want ANY environment variables like DLC and friends pointing to one of your installations. All this does is obfuscate things.