On leave of field

Smud

re GUI development (I'm working in a viewer client side); I have a "need" to do some processing on leave of a field - on change I'm setting a flag then using "on mouse-click anywhere" and "on cursor-up etc" but problem is the mouse-click gets eaten up and does not activate as before (lucky double-click is not affected). I feel I'm 99.1% there but the loss of mouse click functionality is annoying eg a mouse-click on a lookup button does nothing but double-click still works. I have tried the "apply etc to self" but it does not work. Is there an effective strategy I can use to do a "on leave of" - sort of like VB? (although I have not worked in VB for some 18+ (?) years).

Many years ago I worked in a Dynamics/Dexterity payroll module - and we only had 4 events - enter, change, leave and activate - this was before M$ took over - I was horrified by the "straight jacket" tedium but anything was possible - even a muti-select combo box that brought many a crusty developer to tears - but it was doable if not horrible. I'm at a dead end with this "requirement".

Aside: yes the old boss had at the top of his Maslows hierarchy pyramid - "buyout by Microsoft" - and it did happen. He now plays country style lap steel slide guitar out front of his own band and does not care that nobody is interested or listens. He has the $.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You are doomed to disappointment.

Code that is based on hoping LEAVE triggers will fire sensibly never works. There are all sorts of ridiculous excuses offered for the various unhelpful behaviours of LEAVE triggers but it has been true since v7.0 and it will never change.