New Style Bulletin Board

jamesmc

I must admit that I like the new style that you have implemented on ProgressTalk. The graphics are a lot more eye pleasing and there is a lot more information available to users who are browsing (like what I have the authority to do to posts etc). I also like the idea of just viewing new posts (although I haven't tried it yet as ther aren't any new posts).

Keep up the good work, I know I'll be coming back!

James.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback

James-

Thank you very much for the feedback. I just installed a brand new software package called vBulletin. It is much faster then the old software, plus this uses a MySQL database as the backend (instead of flat files). I also moved to a new dedicated web server at the same time (you'll probably notice that when you go to progresstalk.com you will be redirected to an IP address... this will be temporary until the changes at the NIC go through).

I really hope everyone likes the new board, and I would love to get any feedback on it. Hopefully most things should look pretty familiar since this board is based on the old fourm software I was running. Almost all of the features of the old board should still be available, and there are quite a few new ones. I am also planning on installing many enhancements (like news, file upload and attachments, private email and your favorite fourms list) in the next week or so.

Thanks,
-Chris