looking for a comprehensive guide to character progress form / frame statements.

Shodan

The progress documentation and knowlege base for the form statement is kinda bare bones, and i have plenty of examples from existing code to look at, but what ive always looked for is basically a tutorial for the form statement with every single possible attribute broken down by the attribute and what exactly each of them do to use as a reference. This is character progress, not windows based. everything i find online is not character progress.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Older versions of the product documentation may be helpful, if you can find them. I vaguely recall the v6 manuals (black/red cover) had a good, approachable treatment of this stuff, and of course at the time CHUI was the only UI paradigm.

Have you looked at the 9.1E documentation? You can download the PDF package from the documentation archive at https://docs.progress.com/category/openedge-archives. Look at the Language Reference and the Progress Programming Handbook.

Shodan

Heh, i have the original progress 9 printed manuals / pocket progress guide etc along with more recent digital versions. guess im looking for something that was done more by a human as a quick reference guide then i am the strict bare examples progress documentation is famous for.