I've wonder, Do I have any chance?

tdi

Progress Fan
Hi there.
I'm a Mexican developer, in contact with Progress since 1996. I'm doing a textil yarn factory system in V9.1. 31 years old. Enginiering degree. Married, two beautifull daugthers, i'll would do anything for them.

I've wonder, is there a real need for hard workers, programming at last 12-14 hrs. a day?

I don't drink nor smoke.

Do you think I would have a chance?
Here, I earn to low for a normal living...

Any advice?

Thanks, really..

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

Actually contractors from Canada and Mexico can work in the US under the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act) without too much trouble. I've had a few Canadian contractors working for us under NAFTA, and you pretty much just need to have a signed PO from your employeer and fill out a couple of forms. You could get started working in the US this way, and hopefully while you are here you can look for a company that will sponsor an H1-B visa to get you on the way to becoming a US citizen. The biggest concern will be your communications skills, so the better they are the better your chances.

HTH.

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

tdi

Progress Fan
Thanks!!

These words are very encouraging, as it seems there are a lot of chances for both of a supposed employer and I.
I will work harder on communications skills as you mention, and perhaps, in a near future, my ip address, will change
wink.gif

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tdi:
I will work harder on communications skills as you mention, and perhaps, in a near future, my ip address, will change
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oppps I hope you didn't take that comment too literally, I just making that comment in general... one of the biggest barriers, and one of the biggest concerns for companies, when hiring foreign workers is usually their communications skills. Your English skills seem really good though from posts I have seen here from you. I'll keep my eye out for anything that might be of interest.

Also, feel free to send a copy of your resume to me at resumes@fast4gl.com (even if we don't have something for you now, something may come up that will be a perfect fit)

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com