How To Get The Mortgage Rate From The Banks?

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
So I've been given whimsical project which requires me to get all the banks and other financial institutes mortgage rates in 'real-time' (or close as dammit).

I'm total out of my depth and I don't know I go about this. Any ideas?

Note: I'm only interested in the AU & NZ markets.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I kind of doubt that they make it available in a standard format. I guess that I would start by calling one or two and asking around.

If the AU & NZ market is anything like the US market a "rate sheet" is a rather complicated combination of things -- you start with a "base rate" and then layer on adjustments based on the type of loan product and characteristics of the loan and borrower. And the requirements of the investor. A mortgage company might be offering hundreds of "products" at any given moment -- and in the end each loan has its own unique rate.

Cecil

I would like to get something like this. interest.co.nz has the most update mortgage rates in NZ. It's so fast that the information is updated before the banks own website have even published the new rates. I once even phoned the bank on morning to ask about a new rate and the call center staff did not even know about the revisions. So, some how this information is available but I just don't know how?? "And yes, NZ does have high interest rates."

Mortgages _ interest.co-1.png Mortgages _ interest.co-2.png Mortgages _ interest.co-3.png

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The various banks may or may not publish web services with this information. But, why not use the e-mail subscription near the top of the page and then parse the e-mail?

Cecil

Or scrape that page? (Which looks a bit like a simplified US rate sheet)
Yeah, I'm looking at using phanton.js with a mix of jquery to extract the data. Not sure if it break copyright in infringements?