Question How to Export csv to my desktop (Progress)

markluizdemauro27

Hi to all,

I just want to know how to export .csv file into my desktop. I use this code:

OUTPUT TO VALUE ("C:\Users\Mark\Documents\test.csv").

but it seems like it doesn't work in a way that it did not generate a file.

markluizdemauro27

Hi Cringer, Even I changed the destination path into my desktop or any path, it wont generate a csv file into my local drive. But if i use this code

OUTPUT TO "test.csv".

The file was created into the server directory of QAD. How can I generate a csv file into my local drive?

ForEachInvoiceDelete

you're not outputting anything.
Code:
OUTPUT TO VALUE("C:\Users\Mark\Documents\test.csv").

put unformatted "".

Edit :-

That doesn't actually matter, i tried without and it works fine.

Oh god i just realised whats going on.

You're using a remote version of Progress installed on a server somewhere else. Putty etc. lol

Make sure your server has a mapped drive/samba share to your local machine. Or depending on your network settings/Local sharing settings UNC might work. Just replace the localhost IP below with your machines IP.

OUTPUT TO VALUE("\\127.0.0.1\\C$\Users\Mark\Documents\test.csv").

Last edited:

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi Cringer, Even I changed the destination path into my desktop or any path, it wont generate a csv file into my local drive. But if i use this code

OUTPUT TO "test.csv".

The file was created into the server directory of QAD. How can I generate a csv file into my local drive?
Question? Where are you executing your code? I know nothing about QAD so I don't know if there is a Desktop application or your export code is happening on a AppServer?? Hence the reason why the file is getting created on the QAD server and not your desktop.

markluizdemauro27

Question? Where are you executing your code? I know nothing about QAD so I don't know if there is a Desktop application or your export code is happening on a AppServer?? Hence the reason why the file is getting created on the QAD server and not your desktop.

I'm executing my codes using remote progress installed in the Appserver and our server is using linux OS and my PC is using windows. The problem is because it's remote, the exporting process was happening in server side? Can you throw some ideas on me? Thanks

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I'm executing my codes using remote progress installed in the Appserver and our server is using linux OS and my PC is using windows. The problem is because it's remote, the exporting process was happening in server side? Can you throw some ideas on me? Thanks

The first thing I can think of is copy-lob the content of the file from the server back via the AppServer and copy-lob to disk on your PC.

Are you running a PROWIN32.exe on the PC? I know nothing about QAD, I don't know what the client-side application is written in.