Error **ERROR - Undefined Error

acejimmyster

Hi,
I'm using OE10.1c version OpenEdge suits working in the production evironment.
In one program, I met one weird error message like TITLE said " **ERROR - Undefined Error".

There is no error code and even much more kindly description. I was trying to add some more error handling method to catch it, for example catching from PROGRESS.LANG.ERROR, PROGRESS.LANG. SYSERROR, but all failed.

Does anyone can share your suggestion what should I do to handle this kind of error message.

RealHeavyDude

Do you know which piece of code causes the error to occur? What does this code do - does it invoke 3rd party stuff and the error message was just propogated to the ABL?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

acejimmyster

Hi,
Yes. It's only ABL code without any 3rd party tool. The main file is doing loop for a temp-table. then it execute the RUN command to program:
RUN VALUE(ttTemp1.ProcedureName)( input parameter 1, parameter 2....).
The sub program saved in the above field ProcedureName is doing transactions within one do block:
DO ON ERROR UNDO, THROW:
..... /* doing general checking and updating logic */
END.
Then I try to catch any errors occurred with in this block.
CATCH eAnyError AS PROGRESS.Lang.ERROR:
END CATCH.

The weird thing is the sub program seems has been finished according to the log information and returned to the main program. then before the first log is saved after RUN command , this error is coming up