DB Commit report using VST _actOther

sharma.anurag07

I am trying using VST _actOther to fetch a report of DB commits since past 10 days, it is doable? becaude I dont find any field (time) which can give me some stats.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
To do that you would need a 10 day old copy of _actOther to compare to today's copy. Then do the math to determine how many commits have occurred in the interval. Assuming, of course, that the db has been up for that entire interval and that nobody ran "proutil dbname -C zerostats".

If you mean something other than "how many commits" (maybe you would like to report the history of each commit?) then _actOther is not what you need. (For that particular purpose you would need to parse archived ai log files.)

For history of db commits you might be better off with ProTop:
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.55.32 AM.png

sharma.anurag07

To do that you would need a 10 day old copy of _actOther to compare to today's copy. Then do the math to determine how many commits have occurred in the interval. Assuming, of course, that the db has been up for that entire interval and that nobody ran "proutil dbname -C zerostats".

Right Tom, this is exactly what i need. Thanks for the tips, I will try to fetch this data to get a glimpse of whats happening.

I have used protop/dbappraise, and it was a great help always to have such tools handy to get such detailed analysis on fingertips. these things are known to none other than you in such depth :)