Database Table Security Impacting Crystal Reports SQL

NathanB

I have an older progress database that I am trying to write Crystal Reports against. The ODBC connection tests well, I can see the tables and fields available in Crystal Reports, I can pull records when I run wide open queries against a single table (no conditions or joins) but as soon as I set a condition or perform any table joins I get errors.

From previous post responses I am fairly certain that what I am dealing with are security issues on the Tables and not on the Server or Database.

What I would like to find is someone willing to spend a couple of hours at a reasonable rate to help me understand the security issues I am running into and hopefully resolve them.

If interested, please contact me at bonner [dot] nathan [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you,

NB

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If you can run wide open queries it seems unlikely that this is a security problem.

What errors do you get?

You might want to consider posting in the SQL-92 forum.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
All OE database security is table-oriented, i.e., if you can get to the table individually, you can get to it in a join. Therefore, the suspect is more likely the syntax of the join. Why don't you tell us the SQL and the error and see what we come up with?

Stefan

You do not specify how old 'older' is, if we go back about 10 years you used to need registry additions to get joins working correctly with Crystal. Search the Progress Knowledge Base with keywords:

registry crystal join

And if it really is that old, its on the wrong list... no SQL-89 list here ;-)