Question Consuming a web service - An error was detected

Leslie Paul

Hi,
I'm new to working with web services. I've setup a web service with adapter WSA1.
I am able to connect to the service using code below :-

hWebService:CONNECT("-WSDL 'C:/am/working/WSA1.wsdl'").

RUN WSA1Obj SET hWSTestObj ON hWebService.

IF hWebService:CONNECTED() THEN
MESSAGE "SERVER CONNECTED" VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.

RUN roundtrip IN hWSTestObj(INPUT ipcText, OUTPUT result,OUTPUT opcText).

However,
When I try to run a simple program that returns a string I get an error:

Web service operation roundtrip generated a SOAP Fault. SOAP faultstring is: An error was detected while executing the Web Service request. (10893) (11506)

Can someone please help with steps to resolve this?

Thanks so much.

MikePRGS

Could you please post the version/platform of Progress you are using and what the simple program is?

This could be caused by a multitude of things; we have a few KnowledgeBase articles on these errors together with a few causes. For example, if this is only happening intermittently it could be part of the intended design; if you have a firewall that blocks certain port connections it could be blocking this from even going through properly, or you could have something wrong with your PROPATH.

If you could clarify/add some more information that would be great; hopefully the articles I linked at least helps you narrow things down a bit.

Leslie Paul

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. I eventually figured out it was due to the Appserver running AppServer Keepalive config as denyclientask, denyserverask. I've changed this and it is working now.