'Choose' only triggers on second sequential click

Timbrah

Hello everyone!

I'm having what seems like an exotic problem with the Choose trigger of the buttons in one of my frames.
Using Openedge 10.1C, i have a window which holds 5 Buttons.
These buttons have a "Choose" trigger defined which call on a procedure, as such:

DO:
RUN CALLBACK(INPUT "V"). // Dynamic input per button: "V" - "W" - "F" - "S" - "K"
END.

This works in my other windows, except for this one. The Choose trigger only applies when one of the buttons is sequentially clicked twice.
E.g. Clicking A, B, A, B, A, B doesn't trigger any code, but clicking A, B, A, A does (A is clicked twice sequentially).

I want the code to run after the button is clicked once, as it should according to the choose trigger.

At first I thought the problem lies with the fact that i'm making callbacks to other procedures / windows.
I've tried replacing the callbacks with message-displays, and this results in the same behaviour.
Hence i'm expecting the problem to originate from the button or trigger construction, rather than the call-structure i'm using.
But as i'm fairly new to Progress, I'm not sure at all.

I'm using the AppBuilder, and have provided the code in attachment.
Any help / information is very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• choose-event-problem-window.w
    30.1 KB · Views: 3

Stefan

I have seen this behavior a long time ago in an old (non-AppBuilder) dialog box - but this dialog box no longer shows this behavior and I cannot find a change responsible. The behavior was using a much older Progress OpenEdge client than we are currently using - so this may or may not be part of the equation.

Your attached file has too many dependencies on other things (includes / controls) to be of much use. If you can trim it down to something that compiles I can take another look.

Timbrah

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for replying and looking into this!

Your attached file has too many dependencies on other things (includes / controls) to be of much use. If you can trim it down to something that compiles I can take another look.

We make use of a 'standard application structure' and an external control library by CodeJocks.
When I strip these dependencies, the window won't show.
And when I reproduce this in a default 'window', it works as expected.

My current guess is that the dependencies might be causing the issue.
I'll look into this, and i'll try including working example code as soon as possible.

EDIT: The dependencies caused the parent-window to keep focus, which made the first click always apply focus instead of activating triggers.

APPLY "ENTRY":U TO CURRENT-WINDOW.
APPLY "ENTRY":U TO {&FRAME-NAME}.
APPLY "ENTRY":U TO BUTTON-A.

Did the trick! Thanks for your input Stefan, it made me realise the cause of the issue!

Last edited: