basic questions.

hi all,
could u please say me

1) the relation between block size and records per block bcos

2) i got an information that there is no relation between block size and extent size,is it true Mr.tom?

3) i created a large database which extent size crosses some GB's.first i created it with block size 4096 and in large.st file, i gave records per block as 32 and while defining the application area,i gave one variable and one fixed extent for all the applications. now i copied the structure file of the large DB which i created already and i created another one .st file (say largedb.st)and created a database with 8192 block size and i added some extents to already existing application area of the new .st file(say largedb.st) using prostrct add dbname new .stfile and the extent i created is a variable one.(i didnt define size for the variable extents for both the database say large.st and largedb.st)

Already i defined one variable extent there and am adding a new variable extent to it and after adding , i gave the cmd prostrct list largedb(just for updation).In that i could observe that the new extent which i added was there (which is a variable one) and already existing variable extent becomes a fixed one but i could see the new extent size of that fixed one is 128 and the newly added variable extent size is 32.

( i know that if we are not mentioning variable extent size,initially it wil be defined as 32 since its a default value but

why such variations(how 128 comes in it)? how the extent size has to be defined..based on records pr block or based on block size?

Thanks and Regards
Richards