Auto connect server database

velo85

When i RUN this code from client with "F2" key its all OK i got connect and output for test.p But when open with prowin32 i got error There is no server for
database path to the file (1432).
Any help?

CONNECT
-db //192.168.116.101/u/DB.db
-ld DataBase
-H 192.168.116.101
-S 5033
-U user
-P pass.
RUN D:\pro\test.p.

Last edited:

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
When you run with -S you only specify the db name rather than the full path. In other words:

-db DB

Not:

-db //192.168.116.101/I/DB.db

velo85

Still got same error.

With:
CONNECT
-db DB
-ld DataBase
-H 192.168.116.101
-S 5033
-U user
-P pass.
RUN D:\pro\test.p.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Perhaps the message is telling the truth. Have you successfully started a server on port 5033? If you think you have what is your proof of that?

velo85

Yes server is started, i can connet to database from procedure editor with RUN comand.
Im trying to start procedure with prowin32.exe, and i whant that procedure to RUN on click some .p file. Is that even posible?

Sorry for my english, its my second language.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Yes server is started, i can connet to database from procedure editor with RUN comand.

And the procedure editor (_progres.exe I assume) and prowin32.exe are running on the same Windows machine or different ones? If one client can connect to the database, the other one should be able to as well, assuming the database remains up.

i whant that procedure to RUN on click some .p file. Is that even posible?

If you want to invoke an OpenEdge client with a .p, you should create a shortcut to the executable you want (_progres.exe or prowin32.exe for example) with the appropriate client command-line parameters, e.g. " -p test.p", or perhaps " -pf D:\mypath\myparams.pf", where that file contains all your client startup parameters, i.e. -S , -H, etc. Set the shortcut's "Start In" directory to be the location of the procedure, e.g. "D:\pro".