authorization

xdave

I am new to Progress on Linux (7.2) and I can't figure out how to create procedures that I can execute.

I create the procedure and I can see that it exists in the sysprocedures table and I can see who created and owns it.

I then try to run the procedure and it says the procedure does not exist.

I then created a different user and granted them DBA and RESOURCE privileges and created the procedure and made the original user the owner of that procedure. I ran it as the other user and it worked. I logged out, came back the next day and it doesn't work.

I repeated the process and it didn't work. I looked up the privileges in the sysdbauth table and I wasn't there. I granted privileges, did it again and it still doesn't work.

Is there something that I am missing regarding privileges and/ or o/s access rights? There is full read/write privileges on all of the database files as well.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

David Uy
Developer

Are these Progress procedures or SQL procedures using the SQL engine.

If they are progress, then they need to be in a directory visible to the client, with read permission. That's all!

I'm not that familiar with the SQL implementation so I can't help you with that part.