Assigning a Trigger to Press Space Bar

Tony Winter

Hi All,

Do anyone know of a method for assigning a trigger to the "Press Space Bar to Continue" message in Progress?

Either capturing the event before or after it has happened?

Any suggestions would be greatly appricated!

jamesmc

Hi there Tony,

Why don't you just put the code you want to execute after the pause statement that causes the 'Press space bar to continue'?

HTH,

James.

Tony Winter

Hi James,

It is a little difficult to explane, however I could be running one of some 5000 programs that could cause the press space bar to appear. It is not feasible to modify the code so I need to trigger somehow on the press space bar event. Unfortunalty I cannot give any more details than this.

I suspect, as with a number of questions I have added to these forums, that my request is not possible without modifying the Progress base code. I think I have exhausted all possible solutions - but you never know - first time for everything!!

Tony.

jamesmc

I personally don't think it is possible then. The key you press to continue will just be another keyboard event but the trick would have been to identify if the key was pressed while in a paused state but I don't think that is possible.

The way I would have worked round this would have been to replace the PAUSE command with a RUN procedure that would be available to all of your running programs (declared as persistent maybe?). The procedure would then just run the PAUSE command as normal but then wither apply "GO" to an event or just run the code you want to run. As you say though, this option is probably not viable, although, would you want to replace every single PAUSE statement?

Sorry,

James.