Appserver

atuldalvi

Hi Andrew,,

I configured Appserver on my local m/c and trying to connect that server from the same m/c. So that I have written
hAppserver = session
statement.

If u have to call the locally configured server from the same m/c then u have to write this statement.

Note: As per progress documentation

Hi Andrew,,

I configured Appserver on my local m/c and trying to connect that server from the same m/c. So that I have written
hAppserver = session
statement.

If u have to call the locally configured server from the same m/c then u have to write this statement.

Note: As per progress documentation

No, I don't think that's right at all. Where in the docs have you seen this?

The appserver agent is a seperate process entirely to your procedure window - two different clients, two different sessions. You connect to the appserver, returning a handle. Running a procedure ON the handle will execute the .p remotely on the appserver. In this situation, it doesn't matter where the appserver is - it can be on the same machine as your procedure window client, or somewhere else as specified by your connect parameters.

By switching the handle to SESSION, you are essentially saying "run the procesure locally", which means directly from the procedure window session. It's the same as just saying RUN blah.p, without the ON hAppserver bit. You aren't running the .p via the appserver agent. Which is why you get the error - your procedure window session doesn't have any database connections (which is probably what you're after).

Anyway, remove the line, see what happens!

enoon

atuldalvi: the document attached contained all the information needed, if you'd follow them as specified you should have an appserver up and running on sports2000. This document helped 3 teams of progress training students, they did not complain :)
I think you lost the steps somewhere on the way, please follow the points step by step.

atuldalvi

Hi enoon & casper,
Now I m able to connect my appserver but can u tell me by giving some more server side and client side examples how exactly it works. If u have any document then pls forward.

Thanks