Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Attached as in all its M$ glory... :)

Attachments

• Analyses_ 20120427.doc
    383 KB · Views: 6

cj_brandt

Can't add CPU's then change spin from 0 to 1.

That word doc shows what I expected - the delay comes when trying to spawn another server to handle additional clients.
My thought would be to start a bunch of test connections (at least 8) 30 minutes before the real users log in to spawn the 2nd server.
Then when the real users connect, the servers will already be running.

I must say it has been a few years since I have seen a screen shot of an NT 4.0 system.

Kenmath

Can't add CPU's then change spin from 0 to 1.

That word doc shows what I expected - the delay comes when trying to spawn another server to handle additional clients.
My thought would be to start a bunch of test connections (at least 8) 30 minutes before the real users log in to spawn the 2nd server.
Then when the real users connect, the servers will already be running.

I must say it has been a few years since I have seen a screen shot of an NT 4.0 system.

Hi,
Can you please tell me where can I set the spin value to 1 ? In the db's pf file ?

Thx
Mathieu

philipped

Mathieu,

I had the exact same symptoms years ago.

You should take a look at the tmp-sum table in your progress database, just to be sure it is not the same problem that I had.

Each time an user log in in SyteLine, a record is created in the table. The primary key of that table is the id field wich is the number of second since midnight. But if a syteline session crashes, the record is not deleted.

8 AM is 28000. If there is no available record until 28000 + 3600, the program will loop until he find record 28000 + 3600 + 1.

Tant mieux si c'est ça!!! Si c'est pas ça j'aurai quand même essayé!!

Kenmath

Hi Philipped,
Very Interesting...
There are 10577 records in this tables : View attachment tmp-sum.txt and it's nearly full after 28000
So I could be the same pb ;)
Can I clean this table without any risk ? Probably when no one is connected?

Thx
Salutations,
Mathieu

philipped

I'm using SyteLine 5 and i'm cleaning tmp-sum once a year as a part of my year end procedures. And i never had any remorses doing it ;)

If you want to validate the theory without deleting the entire content you could delete the records between 28000 and 32000. Don't forget to take a backup of the table. And yes you must do it when nobody is logged into syteline.

Je serais content de savoir que j'ai aidé quelqu'un!

Kenmath

I'm using SyteLine 5 and i'm cleaning tmp-sum once a year as a part of my year end procedures. And i never had any remorses doing it ;)

If you want to validate the theory without deleting the entire content you could delete the records between 28000 and 32000. Don't forget to take a backup of the table. And yes you must do it when nobody is logged into syteline.

Je serais content de savoir que j'ai aidé quelqu'un!

Hi,
Problem solved !!!
Thx for all philipped :):)

Merci beaucoup de ton aide ;)