What does DLC mean in my installation?

muddu_shafi

I am trying to run a java application that connects to progress database using JDBC.
I have downloaded jdk from Sun and installed it in windows OS at
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13.
It has following folders
bin,jre,lib,demo, include, sample.
I have seenthe documentation which says set the Classpath and Path environment variable as following

CLASSPATH $CLASSPATH;$DLC\java\progress.jar
PATH $PATH;$DLC\bin

to which I have defined following

PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32
CLASSPATH (dont know what to do)?

Also where should I place my jdbc.jar, progress.jar, procli92.dll, and jdbcprogress.dll files.

Please help me out.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Casper answered the "how to fix it" question, I'll try to address the "what does it mean?" part ;)

$DLC is UNIX style environment variable syntax. The DOS/Windows equivalent is %DLC%. Many of us use the UNIX style because we're used to it and it is a character shorter. Plus the Windows style is ugly.

The %DLC% environment variable may, or may not, be set on your system. That depends on the gory details regarding how you have installed Progress and how you like to run your systems. The default value also depends on what version of Progress you've installed. On my laptop the current value is "C:\Progress\OpenEdge". You can determine what yours is, or should be, by running proenv and then typing "echo %DLC%".

DLC itself stands for "Data Language Corporation" which was the original name of Progress Software Corporation.