WebSpeed Depolyment

bsj

We are getting ready to deploy WebSpeed in our environment. We are going to run a WebSpeed app on our IIS Web Server which sits in our DMZ. We have a Progress 9.1C database sitting on our internal LAN. Here is the question. I figure we have two ways to deploy this. First, we can allow the WebSpeed messenger service (running on the Web Server in the DMZ) to make a request to the transaction server running on our internal Progress database server. Second, we could put a second Progress database on a machine in the DMZ and have our internal databse refresh the data periodically. Then the WebSpeed messenger service would never connect directly to our internal and CRITICAL database, but make requests to the second Progress database in the DMZ. I have read that the messenger uses UDP traffic to make the connection to the transaction server which makes me feel uneasy. Can people let me know their opinions on these two senerios and the overall opinion they have on WebSpeed security. I would also be interesetd in how others are setting up WebSpeed in their environments. Thanks alot!!!