V9.1a SQL92 installation and implementation.

nalinu

Hi Forum Memebers,

I am trying above. There is abolutely no guidelines on how to do this any Progress Manual.

The progress odbc/jdbc manuals expect this to be installed to use the manual.

The sql 92 and esql92 manuals assume the same thing.

The hit count for this subject on the ever reliable Progress KB is next to nothing or useless. I managed to find a Migration white paper on this subject but does not provide clear guidelines on how to install the stuff at both ends and have it connected.

I have tried to connect to a Progress database (Mfg/Pro) after adding a data source on my w2k PC. This is of course the merant 3.6 sql92 driver.

This kicks off a sqlsrv2 process on our HPux 11.00 L class machine taking up almost 90%of processor and does not complete the connection.

What I can say is there is a sense of deja vu for me here. I had the same trouble finding documentation in early 1998 trying to connect a version 8.3 database using ODBC. Very little documentation at the time.

Progress ---- Please give a place to find the information ? !!!. This is downright annoying not to be able to get something going.

I tried running sqlexp on the HP box with the same sqlsrv2 process starting up and doing it's usual trick.

PROGRESS SQL 92 TEAM WAKE UP AND HEAR US PLEASE.