Upgrade of SX.e 3.x to 4.x

Kopperton

I am upgrading SX.e 3.x to 4.x, it is 4.1 to be precise, and what do I need to know in terms of mods installed? Or other things.

I have scripts in cust/ directory and that is all. Anything I should know?

Many thanks!

breakdown

sx.e upgrade

If you have custom code, it must be modified to interface with the new database schema (there are changes between 3 and 4) and the new code. If Infor/NxTrend wrote the mods for you, you will have to contact your SI manager there to have them do a custom code review. If you've modified them yourself, you will have to test them thoroughly prior to going live with it. You can also get a list of changed programs in the upgrade, this may point you to pieces of code that will have to be reviewed/updated. If you have sx.Architect, I recommend using that to do your own custom reviews.

Good luck, we all love doing upgrades!

Kopperton

breakdown thank you, your suggestion is helping.

Asked them the custom code are some .w files and they most likely they say will work in any version of Sx.e.
My problem is in 4.1 printing now requires RxServer and we used form3 and we never used RxServer in SX.e 3.x.

They said I need rxformck.p, rxformck.z99, rxformck.r I am missing from CD of SX.e 4.1 Staging as they are not there.
Are these files custom or part of distribution? I am stuck. If someone has them please post them here.

They are located ..Staging\Code\trend\rxformck.p , ..Staging\Code\trend\rxformck.z99 and ..Staging\rcode-s\trend\rxformck.r

Kopperton

somebody fixed it for us. It was just a small modification.

I got a problem, appsrv and sxapiappsrv stops working after 1-2 days. I have to restart the database in order to work again.

Anything wrong it it?