Updating 1 field in an Existing Record

vexiteer

Hello,

I think I have to use a write trigger to accomplish this task. Just curios if there is another method to update this field rather than messing around with the write trigger. I am concerned that because I have don't have the write.p just the write.r that I might be over writing something.

FOR EACH orderhead WHERE orderhead.jobnum = ttkey.jobnum EXCLUSIVE-LOCK.

ASSIGN orderhead.number02 = ttkey.jobqty.

upon running this code, I get an error message looking for a write.p trigger file.
I usually use the buffer copy statement to go from a temp table to the real table.

Thanks,
Steve

RealHeavyDude

From what I see, when running the code which changes the database table, the write trigger associated with that table can not be found. Most likely it's not in your PROPATH. You should have a look at the definition of the table and check whether the path to the trigger specified is in your PROPATH.

There is a possibility to disable the triggers - but I can not stress this enough: If you do this you're possibly bypassing your business logic which ensures consistency in your data model. IMHO, this should never be part of an application - but it's there so you might use it.

The statement you need to execute:

DISABLE TRIGGERS FOR LOAD OF orderhead.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.