There is no Server for Database Sportsdb 1423

srikanthkotha

Hi,

I am new to Progress. I have installed Progress OE 11.2 on my PC WIN8(OS).
I have written following procedure, when try to run the below code I am getting error, there is no server for Database Sportsdb 1423.

CONNECT Sportsdb.
RUN r-deletedata.p.

Also I've tried to connect database from Progress Open Edge Studio. I am getting same error. I followed below steps from open edge studio.
Window --> Preferences --> Progress OpenEdge --> Database Connections

After entering required details and when click on Test Connection button, I have got same error.

On Proenv ---promon database command also giving same error. Please guide me to resolve this error.

Thank You
Srikanth

g-nf-5

Hi,

I am new to Progress. I have installed Progress OE 11.2 on my PC WIN8(OS).
I have written following procedure, when try to run the below code I am getting error, there is no server for Database Sportsdb 1423.

CONNECT Sportsdb.
RUN r-deletedata.p.

Also I've tried to connect database from Progress Open Edge Studio. I am getting same error. I followed below steps from open edge studio.
Window --> Preferences --> Progress OpenEdge --> Database Connections

After entering required details and when click on Test Connection button, I have got same error.

On Proenv ---promon database command also giving same error. Please guide me to resolve this error.

Thank You
Srikanth

g-nf-5

use CONNECT -1 Sportsdb if there isn't a server present. you may need the full path if the database in not in your propath.

RealHeavyDude

In order to be able to connect to a database in "multi-user" mode you need to start a server first. As this is the default when not specified otherwise, you need to explicitely specify that you want to connect in "single-user" mode. As already mentioned you can specify -1 in the CONNECT statement ( or in a parameter file ) or you need to untick the multiple-users checkbox ( you need to click the options button to get into the "advanced" options ).

The promon utility will only work for databases that have a server started. Obviously you did not start a server for the database. You need to do that first.

If you just want to connect to that database from the same machine you can just execute proserver and the path to the database. If you want to be able to connect as a remote client ( via TCP -- usually from another machine ) you need to supply the -S parameter ( IP port number or alias ).

For more information on that subject I would recommend you to have a look into the database administration guide ( which you can find here: http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-107875 ).

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.