Strange 6383 error

Jayhawk

Hi all. Hoping someone can shed some light on a baffling Webspeed 6383 error we're getting. We are on Progress 9.1D(character) and running Webspeed. We've been having an issue for awhile where at about 12:10AM, we start getting this error message on a browser browsing our site:
WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

WebSpeed Agent Error: Agent did not return an HTML page (6383)

This error will intermittently show up while browsing the site. It seems to last until about 4:30AM and then stops. I have checked the system during that period and don't see any issues with the CPU or with large disk waits, so I'm not sure what is going on. I've checked the server and broker logs and don't see any error messages.

Since it is only intermittent, I don't think it's the code. I think it must be some process that kicked off, but I've looked at our cron and nothing kicks off at that time. And I don't see any processes that are really hogging the CPU or anything.

I've used top and nmon to try to isolate it, but don't see anything jumping out at me. Anyone have any suggestions on a utility to look at and what I'd be looking for? I'm not really an SA, so this performance stuff is a little new to me.

We have an Apache box running Red Hat Linux as the web server and then it talks to our back end AIX box with our Progress DBs. I checked the Apache system and it didn't look pegged either, so not sure what to check next.

Thanks for any assistance!