Sql Statements

SQL

an example of a simple sql statement is:

select FIELD1 FIELD2

from TABLE1

WHERE FIELD1 = FIELD2

The above statement displays 2 fields in a table called FIELD1 and FIELD2 only if the information in FIELD1 is the same as in FIELD2.

You always start your query with the word "select" followed by what you want to display. You must then tell the computer where you want to get the information from. In the example above the information is collected from TABLE1.

If you really don't know anything about SQL though you can generate your SQL querys easily in Microsoft access and then simply copy the code shown in SQL view!

GRNANAWARE

Re: SQL

Sir,
I want to know about the query which we write in Progress environment. I will be kind if you provide me the following information.

1) SQL Statement for progress with a example
2) Conditions using with Multiple tables
3) How to store a Query Result in a Table.

Originally posted by Andrew Price
an example of a simple sql statement is:

select FIELD1 FIELD2

from TABLE1

WHERE FIELD1 = FIELD2

The above statement displays 2 fields in a table called FIELD1 and FIELD2 only if the information in FIELD1 is the same as in FIELD2.

You always start your query with the word "select" followed by what you want to display. You must then tell the computer where you want to get the information from. In the example above the information is collected from TABLE1.

If you really don't know anything about SQL though you can generate your SQL querys easily in Microsoft access and then simply copy the code shown in SQL view!