Single User Mode and Multiple Developers...

GForce

I am a New to Progress and Syteline application development. My expertise is in the MS Visual Studio world, which will come in handy, if my organization does upgrade to Syteline 7.

Presently we are using Syteline 6.00.10, as we do not wish to implement any additional schema changes, unless absolutely necessary as we have too much (IMHO) custom code. My first major project is to create a custom RMA Application, and the senior developer and I are constantly bumping into each other needing to develop in single user mode.

We have a development server, which apparently runs Progress, and especially AppBuilder much faster than our local machines (laptops). We are thinking that each devloper needs his/her own separate symix and symglbl databases in order to be able to have multiple single user environments maintaining the segregation through the proper .pf files (I think).

Do you have the same problem, multiple developers each requiring single user development time? How have you implemented a solution to keep multiple developers working, each in their own single user envrionment?

- GForce