request time out and zeroing all ctivities

aviovda

Hi

I have two problems,

1. When i submit same query secound time i get different results then the first time.
only when i wait for about 10 minutes i get again correct results
any ideas?

2. How can i expand the time period for a request, The problem is that after about 4 minutes i get a time out message, and somthing like "the server canceled the process"

thank you.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
  1. You don't tell us specific information on the query. What happens the first time? Do you expect the same results? What happens the second time you run the query? The best answer I can give you know is that if you don't seem to pick up recently changed data then you prabably didn' start the appserver with -rereadnolock.
  2. In a Webapplication it is general bad practice to let the user wait for more then 3 seconds. So I guess 4 minutes is waaaay to long for a request in a web application. But again to answer your question: this essage seems to indicate that the user in question aborted the request. But I have some feeling that you are that user and that isn'correct :) Request timeout for the broker is deafult 15 min and is set in the broker advanced properties. It could also be that you have some other time out mechanism at hand. (firewall or?)
Casper.

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
hi Avi,

if the query returns different results and takes that long.

sounds like the query might be the problem ?

how about posting the query.

cheers.

aviovda

Hi
first i must thank you for answering, sorry i was not available for the past few days so why is the delay.

to casper - yes i expect the same results secound time because DB data is the same. no i am not familir with -rereadnolock option , does it mean somthing like " for each XXfile no-lock" ?

it is a complicate query (recursive bomtree) that do sum of all parents qty for a specific child.

i enclosed the files ..

Attachments

• xxgetcomp.p
    7.6 KB · Views: 4
  • xxgetdata.p
    18.7 KB · Views: 2

FrancoisL

If you are on IIS the timeout you are experiencing is not the Webspeed timeout . The timeout is a timeout of the cgi script that calls webspeed wich is usually set to 3min.

Depending on your version of IIS you need to set the Value CGITimeout to a higher value.