Reports in excel format

mfgpro9

Hi everybody!

I would like to know if there is any tool by means of which Mfg reports can be converted in excel format.

Thank you in advance!

katheryb

u could give a name u wanna download and write it at "output", then run F1. When it said the report complete, you need to go into "run" in your windows "start", and input an IP address which is composed by digits and dot, and then login to by your QAD ID and password, you could find a file named as you have given. Then copy or just drag the file to your the folder in your local disk. After that open an Excel new file, and choose "all files" and find the file you downloaded, and limited it and open it and save it as Excel file.

Hope it will do some help.

jacobwd

Hi,

We looked at several report writers (before my boss withdrew my budget) and thought the best was Cyberquery from Cyberscience. Apparently more than 200 QAD customers use it - and one of it's neat tricks is that it can automatically turn a report into Excel, complete with formatting and formulas. It takes away all the manual conversion/rekeying effort - really nice.

Hope that helps,
Jacob

katheryb

jacobwd said:
Hi,

We looked at several report writers (before my boss withdrew my budget) and thought the best was Cyberquery from Cyberscience. Apparently more than 200 QAD customers use it - and one of it's neat tricks is that it can automatically turn a report into Excel, complete with formatting and formulas. It takes away all the manual conversion/rekeying effort - really nice.

Hope that helps,
Jacob
Hi, how to make it? Where I could find the Cyberquery or Cyberscience? I need that neat Excel forms with formatting and formulas, while with my current method I cannot reach that.

mni

mfgpro9 said:
Hi everybody!

I would like to know if there is any tool by means of which Mfg reports can be converted in excel format.

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

yes, there is and the name is monarch. Try with search on google and you will have more information.

32Printer is an affordavble solution, which allows to send output directly from MFG/PRO to Excel, Acrobat, Notepad, etc.

http://www.32soft.com/new/32printer.html

If you need more information, please contact us at http://www.32soft.com/contact.html

32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
We Help Make the Most of your MFG/PRO Implementation!
To find more, please call 416-605-1830[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I used to work with MFG a number of years ago, for the house I were at, I deloped a bespoke routine.
I simply created a procedure that I added to the MFG custom inhouse reports menu.
I informed the shopfloor uses if they required a report in excel. To output to / sent the report to a file. I then simply wrote a procedure that I added to the menu that would pickup this created file and import into a word / excel document.
After implementation I developed this further. I setup a printer to output to called excel. Outputing to this printer involved executing the procedure I had created to oput to excel
Hope this gives you ideas.

HISTOGRAM

Hi everybody!

Thank you in advance!

A quick alternative is to select 'window' as your print output. This output has the option 'save as', name the file and save as type 'all files' in 'my documents'. Open Excel then use option 'open' and select the desired file name. The excel open wizard will help you format the information as an excel file then simply resave with an .xls suffix.

Ray Man

:confused: I wondered if, exporting to local files, is not a standard GUI feature of the EB serie. I remember Eb1 with one of their first GUI interfaces. That interface had that option to export files so I can imagine that it is still there. Does anyone know the new GUI features of exporting files?
Tnx

shoam.boinus

A quick alternative is to select 'window' as your print output. This output has the option 'save as', name the file and save as type 'all files' in 'my documents'. Open Excel then use option 'open' and select the desired file name. The excel open wizard will help you format the information as an excel file then simply resave with an .xls suffix.

Yes, that's good idea for simple reports, but not working for complex reports with header and details, like AP/AR aging reports.:awink:
MFG2XLS may be a good solution to handle that kind complicated reports.
demo version can be download from http://www.erp2xls.com:D

shoam.boinus

:confused: I wondered if, exporting to local files, is not a standard GUI feature of the EB serie. I remember Eb1 with one of their first GUI interfaces. That interface had that option to export files so I can imagine that it is still there. Does anyone know the new GUI features of exporting files?
Tnx
In new GUI interface, you can output report to "window" then "Save As" a file, or print report to a file directly. If you need help, give me a email address, I can send you some screenshots show how to do it.:D

PeMertens

Hello all,

in a GUI version of MFG/PRO, you can try this. Basically it is possible to remotely control Word, Excel, Outlook and other applications from within any MFG/PRO program if you want to. Let me show you a simple sample :)

Peter

DEFINE VARIABLE excelAppl AS COM-HANDLE.
def var out-fila as char init "c:\temp\sample.csv".
def var mycol as int.
def var myline as int.
DEFINE VARIABLE col-range AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.
DEFINE VARIABLE row-range AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

OUTPUT TO VALUE (out-file).
/* headlines */
DO mycol = 1 TO 18:
PUT UNFORMATTED "Row " STRING(mycol) ";".
END.
PUT SKIP.
/* Content is king */
myline = 0.
/* use any table you want */
FOR EACH ca_mstr NO-LOCK:
myline = myline + 1.
PUT UNFORMATTED ca_nbr ";"
ca_customer ";"
ca_activity ";"
ca_area ";"
ca_assign ";"
ca_bill ";"
ca_category ";"
ca_created ";"
ca_curr ";"
ca_desc ";"
ca_end_date ";"
ca_enter_by ";"
ca_est_time ";"
ca_lang ";" ca_mod_date ";" ca_mod_userid ";" ca_name ";" ca_nbr.
PUT SKIP.

END.
OUTPUT CLOSE.
col-range = "1:" + string(mycol).
row-range = "A1:A" + string(myline + 1).

/* let´s roll... */
CREATE "Excel.Application" excelAppl.
excelAppl:VISIBLE = true.
excelAppl:Workbooks:OPEN(out-file).
/* column width to an optimal value */
excelAppl:Cells:Select.
excelAppl:Cells:EntireColumn:AutoFit.
/* special procedure for first column */
excelAppl:Range(row-range):Select.
excelAppl:Selection:Interior:ColorIndex = 35.
excelAppl:Selection:Font:Italic = True.
/* special procedure for first line */
excelAppl:Rows("1:1"):Select.
excelAppl:Selection:Font:Bold = True.
excelAppl:Selection:Interior:ColorIndex = 44.
excelAppl:Selection:Borders(9):LineStyle = -4119.
excelAppl:Selection:Borders(9):Weight = 4.
excelAppl:Selection:Borders(9):ColorIndex = -4105.
/* mark first cell */
excelAppl:Range("B2"):Select.
excelAppl:ActiveWindow:FreezePanes = True.
/* now play around with excel */
MESSAGE "Press here to terminate Excel" VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.
release object excelAppl.

tburtovoy

Hello- If you're not willing or able to develop interfaces yourself, you might want to check out "Transform". I am the lead developer of this Progress based product which is a mapping tool that was specifically designed for MFGPro but also works with any system which produces text-based reports. You can map areas of any MFGPro report into cells of pre-built excel sheets and then choose to redirect the enhanced excel sheets to printers, email, fax or barcode labels. The mapping is just for the excel part and is completely output (stream) based.. no mfgpro code mods are required. Transform will also email/fax enable un-enhanced reports and do a variety of other reallly neat things. This really extends what you can do with MFG reporting. The company is http://www.sprolinux.com, based in Michigan.

Regards,
Tony B

This is correct, just the output will be placed into one cell, instead of being split into cells field by field
Regards
____________________________________ Max Viskov
Senior Consultant, Implementation Services
MFG/PRO Toronto User Group Board Member
32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
Need to extract MFG/PRO documents to Excel and Acrobat?
Free Tools at http://www.32soft.com/new/32printer.html[FONT=&quot][/FONT]