question about allcations/inventory transfer

gabriels

Hi,
when transferring items between locations, allocations are not being transferred automatically, so we can end up with allocations of inventory that does not exist. does anyone have a solution for this?
thanks.

For example, in site 1, location 100, item A, lot/serial B, i have 100 units on hand, 75 allocated for sales order SO1. Now i want to transfer 50 units to location 200. When i use the original program for transferring i get a warning ("not enough unallocated qty") and an option to cancel or continue. Of course i choose continue, and as a result i have 50 on hand in location 100, 75 allocated in location 100 (allocation of inventory that does not exist), and in location 200 i have 50 on hand with no allocation. This situation happens a lot in the factory where i work, to solve this we use a program that transfers the allocation, and now we decided to combine these two programs, but i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, how did he solve it. I don't understand why the system doesn't deal with that (automatically transfer the allocation) and i'm afraid our solution is a bit risky, so i would like to hear from someone else. Thanks.

I tried the same and it replicated ... It seems that item allocation is not transferred but only gives you an warning.
in this case lad_det is stranded as it is related with the SO but no inventory on hand.
Even the utility 36.25.15 is not clreaing lad_det for loaction 100 ,otherwise you would only need to do the new allocation in loaction 200.Small modification in 36.25.15 will do the trick of stranded records.
I never tired this option (automatically transfer the allocation) . We would like to hear some more thoughts.

There is an adjust program uxladadj.p. (Not in every release of MFG/pro EA200*)
It cleans up orphansed SOD related lad_det records. But these clean-up is AFTER processing Shipments.
It has been created for situation like yours. If you work the way you have described and you have detail stock information, it will drive a lot of personal crazy. If you modifiy your inventory a lot, dont use allocation in detail.

Be aware that attached sales order/detail allocations are normally printed. Your factory has allocated inventory in detail to a specific Inventory location.
When picking the sales order, it is possible that the information is wrong and has to be modified.

You have to adapt first your procedure to deallocate the allocations.
Second transfer your goods and and than Third reallocate the inventory.

Back