QAD wont support Some special chinese character

mallikasp

Hi All ,

QAD is not supporting some some special chinese character. Whats the resolution to fix the issue. As the special chinese character is required to input.

Regards
Mallika

nalini loga

Hi
We find difficult to print from MFGPrO to HP Laser for Traditional chinese character.I need the solution.

Regards
Nalini

nalini loga

hi
We find difficult to print from MFGPrO to HP Laser for Traditional chinese character.I need the solution.

Regards
Nalini[/quote]

nalini loga

Hi
We find difficult to print from MFGPrO to HP Laser printer for Traditional chinese character.I need the solution.how can we fix this issue.where could be the problem.

Regards
Nalini

sharkdim

i think you can select another charset,
for example cp936 gb2312 etc.
sorry ,i'm not familiar with Traditional Chinese

oldemanw

We have our Progress 10.0B05 database set up as UTF-8 to accomodate for European and Chinese characters.
MFG/Pro programs are compiled with CPINTERNAL: undefined CPCOLL: basic CPRCODEOUT: undefined CPSTREAM: undefined.

When the client connects, it uses a parameter (.pf) file with a line to set the correct codepage, e.g.
-cprcodeout undefined -cpinternal iso8859-1 -cpstream iso8859-1 -cpcoll basic -cpcase basic -yy 1920
(for iso8859 codepage)
-cprcodeout undefined -cpinternal GB2312 -cpstream GB2312 -cpcoll basic -cpcase basic -yy 1920
(for GB2312 codepage)

I believe that GB2312 is for simplified Chinese. For traditional Chinese you must find the right codepage.

In the case of mixed codepages in one database, you must limit the places where users may enter data using special characters or you will have problems when dumping and loading your data (one of those once-a-year procedures).