Progress Report Creation

jai shankar

Q.1: I have a Problem:sometimes when we create reports on Unix with Aculaser Print Options, It tries to open with Adobe inspite of Notepad.Its extremly surprising for me.
Can anyone suggest me any solution?
Thanks in Advance.

gcampbell

Sounds like you are creating the Reports on UNIX but opening them via Windows applications.

If so, then they extension of the Report must be associated with Adobe ... change the extension to open with Notepad.

jai shankar

Progress Reports

hi gcampbell,

thanks for the reply.
But as I am new with progress I don't know the place from where I have to remove the entry regarding this.
But One more thing rest of reports work properly.
The report which creates problem have some if statements for the selection of header lines.

thanks and Regards.

gcampbell

The extension isn't an issue with Progress it's a Windows setup issue (open an MS Explorer (not IE) window then go to ---> View --> Folder Options --> File Types. Determine what application has been set to open the PDF file extension.

But, if you are saying that other PDF files open correctly, then you need to offer us more information pertaining to your environment/issue.

jai shankar

thanks gcampbell.

I will try your suggestion but problem is that we have options in report viewer like text,form,excel etc.
when i open report in text/excel option it work correctly but this report it won't work in form option means in form option i have to open then the report in notepad with some aculaser printer fromatting settings.but for one particular report it won't work.it consist some if statements for selecting header and if i remove if statements then it work properly.

Thanks and Regards.

luebbert

It would be my guess that the Aculaser is generating Postscript output (file suffix ".ps"). I suspect that when you installed your Adobe product (e.g. Adobe Acrobat full version) that it registered the ".ps" file type.

I do not think you would really want to open a Postscript file with Notepad.