[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Very Very Confused On State-free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OctavioOlguin

I developed several procedures that run inside a state-free appserver based on the following algorithm.. (this happens on the client) RUN func\ConnectAppServer.p(INPUT-OUTPUT hServer, "databaseName", OUTPUT res). run isConnected.p on hServer ("databaseName", output dbConnected). LOG-MANAGER:WRITE-MESSAGE("databaseName connected?.. " + quoter(dbConnected) ). EMPTY TEMP-TABLE ttViaje. RUN procs\viaje\GetDataTrip.p ON hServer (fTrip, "" , OUTPUT DATASET dsTrip). RUN func\DisConnectTAP.p ON hServer ("sSuc03001.w", OUTPUT lRetOK). hServer:DISCONNECT (). DELETE OBJECT hServer. But I've being seing very strange behavior, for instance, the log writing reports that dabaseName is connected indeed. but on the same session (i think that from ConnectAppServer.p stablished connection to the hServerDisconnect(). is a connection not broken by the state-free nature, I mean that database connection will remain persistent for this agent). BUT I got a STOP due to databaseName not connected on the GetDataTrip calling... GetDataTrip is a helper procedure to call a BE to fill the dataset with the record indentified by the fTRIP key. The strange part of this is if retry several times the procedure... eventually will succeed..... So I don't know whats going.... I'll go to ckeck the OERA, and autoedge for some inspiration (and code I can steal, sorry, reuse...) Thanks..

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.