[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Using Progress And...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ibaez

Hello, I would like to follow-up and clarify the repro for this issue. Step 1. Create an Oracle Table with a Number primary key that does not have precision create table employee( employee_id number, first_name varchar2(50), last_name varchar2(50), constraint pk_employee primary key (employee_id)) insert into employee values (1, 'Idaliz', 'Baez') Step 2. Connect to this table with DataDirect Cloud and execute a 'Select * from employee' --- this will result with a display that looks like: EMPLOYEE_ID FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME 1 Idaliz Baez Step 3. Expose this table via OData in DataDirect Cloud (copy the OData URI) Step 4. In Salesforce create an External Data Source using Salesforce Connect that utilizes the OData URI and ensure that it allows Create, Update, Edit, Delete Step 5. Create a tab with the External Object (the exposed employee table) and view the Oracle employee data within Salesforce. It will be displayed in Salesforce as External ID EMPLOYEE_ID FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME 1.0 1.0000000 Idaliz Baez ^With this repro, I was still able to edit, update or delete the First_Name or Last_Name and did not see the same Type Mismatch error that the prospect received. The prospect did verify that changing the table definition from Number to Number(38) made the above output display without decimals and then they were able to successfully update the fields. Best, Idaliz Baez

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.