[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE 12.2 APSV Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darren Parr

I've just reproduced this for TS. It's not complex but I think I know why its occurring. Essentially I created a connect.p and disconnect.p and put them in the openedge folder. The connect.p sets server-connection-bound-request to true and does a return error "test message". The disconnect.p unsets the server-connection-bound-request and does a QUIT. Just do a connect to an appserver handle with the correct parameters (session-managed of course) and it'll fall over. Note that the reason this is falling over is more to do with the fact that I'm using a development (1 agent, 5 concurrent) PASOE instance. I believe the agent gets trashed as a result of the return error and you get a massive timeout message on the client as a result. It pauses for 5 or so seconds. With a production instance the situation is perhaps different due to the fact that other agents are available... I'm guessing here... HTH Darren

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.