[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Is there a good approach to defining temp-table/prodataset as class property?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

Peter, why is JsonObject getter ugly? I just made a class that adds kind of name and value records to a template, and since I needed it as json, I made a jsonobject getter. Works swell, but now i am kind of curious of what ugly code that is? I always want to learn so keep on the good work :) Sendt fra min iPad 20. jun. 2019 kl. 22:03 skrev Peter Judge : Update from Progress Community Peter Judge You can't define property as a temp-table or dataset type, nor can you define a temp-table/dataset as public in a class. You'll have to either - expose it as a handle - return it as an output parameter in a method - add read/write methods to expose certain aspects of data - ugly: define a JsonObject property with getter and setter methods that READ-JSON and WRITE-JSON Those are the approaches off the top of my head. There will be others, but the moral of the story is that there's no easy/pretty/good way of doing this yet. -- peter View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.