[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Intermittent Performance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Fitzpatrick

It didn't. It's not in-box (though it should be, IMO). But it can be run from the web without making any permanent changes to the box, i.e. "installing" it. And to be clear I'm not suggesting doing it without permission. It doesn't hurt to ask. I've worked in customer environments where there were installation restrictions. And of course there are valid reasons for such rules, i.e. to keep suspect third-party code off the box. *Any* software is a possible risk. But if a customer is going to trust Microsoft enough to use their OS on a mission-critical box then I think it's not unreasonable, when push comes to shove and there's a production problem to solve, to ask them to permit using a Microsoft tool to diagnose it. I don't know whether it's the customer or the third-party that imposes the no-install rule. But the customer is losing money and the third party is "getting it in the neck" so they both have incentive to work toward a solution.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.