[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: File Size Limits In Progress...

• Thread starter Rob Fitzpatrick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Fitzpatrick

The indexes are also in the .db. The .df is not part of the database. It is a flat file containing the data definitions, i.e. a dump of the schema at a point in time. It isn't necessarily current. I haven't used anything prior to v9 so I can't help you with which tools are or aren't in v5. In v11, "pro aam" gets you into a 4GL editor connected to an aam database, if you're in the DB directory. Try that command in v5.2. It might work, if your environment variables are set correctly. In later versions the syntax for compiling a .p to a .r (assuming you have a compiler license installed) is: compile save into . If 5.2 is like later versions, the editor will have a tools menu with a Datat Dictionary option. In the data dictionary you can dump table contents to .d (ASCII text) files and dump the schema to a .df. But as George pointed out you will have to massage that .df to use it with a later release. Hope this helps.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.