[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Pro2 multi-tenant OpenEdge db replication using CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jokilval

Hello, I'm having difficulties with implementing Pro2SQL CDC replication for multi-tenant OpenEdge database. I'm using OpenEdge 11.7, Pro2 version 5.5. Running on windows server 2012 R2. Let's say I have OpenEdge database called DB and it has tenants from A through D. I'm only interested in replicating data from tenants A and B. The data should be replicated to the same target SQLDB so that I can identify which tenant the records are coming from in the target SQLDB. I have embedded the repldb in a OpenEdge database (not the same where I replicate data). The documentation says that I should have two separate installations of Pro2. I created two installations of Pro2 in C:\Progress\Pro2A and C:\Progress\Pro2B. When opening the administration tool from tenant A it also shows the mapping etc. from tenant B. This is a problem as I have not connected to tenant B from the tenant A installation of Pro2. This also means that the replication is not working as the log files show that it is missing the DB connection from tenant B and dropping out to reconnect. After failing a few times, the replication shuts down. I have also made sure that the paths, .pf files, pro2_env are in pointing to the corresponding tenant. I also did a different setup where I connected to tenants A and B from the same Pro2 installation, but it seemed that the replication didn't work for both tenants at the same time. For example I made a change in tenant A and the Pro2 admin tool identified the source database for the change as tenant B and tried to use tenant B credentials to connect and of course couldn't find the changed records from tenant A using tenant B credentials. Also with this setup I had to write the tenant credentials to the .pf files, which is not really a secure way to connect. The source database is the same for both tenants (same port and name) but I'm using different logical names and different uid and pwd to connect to these tenants. I also have different schema holder dbs for both tenants with different names and both are in the corresponding C:\Pro2\db. So my question is, how should I setup Pro2 for a multi-tenant OpenEdge database? - Should I use a single or separate Pro2 installations? - How should I fix the problems that are currently occurring with these setups?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.