[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: PDS - error when saving a Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DenDuze

Hi, When I create a new form (did not try yet with existing form) and I add a control (doesn't matter what control but now il tried with a Windows Label) and I save the form I get the following error Serialize Error An error occurred while serializing the design surface. The Visual Designer has unloaded this design to prevent code corruption. A block statement that is not a catch block was encountered before end of method. The file is not saved so i can not look at the generated code to see what is wrong When I look to the VisualDesigner.log I see the following (only top rows copied) 2019-04-17 11:20:18,555 [ERROR] - An internal error occurred com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.CodeSerializationException: A block statement that is not a catch block was encountered before end of method. at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.ABLCodeDomConverter.validateExistingStatements(ABLCodeDomConverter.java:983) at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.ABLCodeDomConverter.getInitiailzeComponentRegion(ABLCodeDomConverter.java:925) at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.ABLCodeDomConverter.convertStatements(ABLCodeDomConverter.java:896) at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.ABLCodeDomConverter.convertInitializeMethod(ABLCodeDomConverter.java:293) at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.serialize.ABLCodeDomConverter.convert(ABLCodeDomConverter.java:210) at com.openedge.pdt.ve.editor.command.input.IPCSerializeCodeDomMessage.execute(IPCSerializeCodeDomMessage.java:199) ..... Can someone tell me how I can fix this? (without installing again) Regards Didier

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.