[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Nameserver Load Balancing - Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piotr Ryszkiewicz

Hello, I need some help with configuring NameServer Load Balancing for fail-over setup. OE is 11.3.3 on AIX 64-bit. I created two AppServer brokers with the same appserviceNameList - AS_pb00b1 and AS_pb00b2. For AS_pb00b1 I set priorityWeight=100 and for AS_pb00b2 priorityWeight=0. When I start them all requests go to AS_pb00b1 - this is expected. Now, when I kill AS_pb00b1 (I mean unix kill, not asbman -k) I expect that all requests will go to AS_pb00b2 automatically, but it doesn't happen. It needs minute or two for NameServer to notice that AS_pb00b1 is dead. If I decrease registrationRetry to 1 and brokerKeepAliveTimeout to 2 (documentation says that it shoud be higher than registrationRetry), it still takes several seconds. Is there a way to make NameServer notice dead broker immediately ? Is there any risk with setting registrationRetry and brokerKeepAliveTimeout to so low values ? I found this KB entry with Enhancement Request regarding this: http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000039473 but it's quite old, from the times of OE 10.2B. Is this still valid ? BTW, it works almost the same way even without NameServer LoadBalancer product installed. Thanks for any suggestions. Regards, Piotr

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.